Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Instrument Panel Backlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Stratusphere00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Panel Backlights

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I own a 2000 Dodge Stratus and it's become my mission to fix it up. I've never really been a car guy, always been more of an electronics guy but since starting work at a local Radioshack and having one big part of my job being a trouble shooter I've started to really learn how to do everything myself and this has even spilled to my car. Anyway, to my problem.

After getting off work I pulled out of the parking lot to head home and my horn went off. I was alarmed but I dismissed it. Later it kept happening so I stopped and looked closely at my steering wheel panel and I notice it had shifter all the way to the left causing my horn to keep firing off. That was my first problem. I took the fuse out but my Power sockets are run by the same fuse as my horn. Is it an easy fix or should I have it looked at?

Second problem.

Later that day, a friend and I replaced my head unit with a new Kenwood head unit. After that we headed out to a friends graduation and no issues. When we got in the car later that night I turned on my lights but my instrument panel backlights didn't come on for my any of my gauges also my A/C control backlights didn't come on either but the new CD player was working just fine, as were my headlights and tail lights. I have no clue what could be wrong other than maybe a fuse. second, how can I replace the colored backlights on my instrument panel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks =)

Old 06-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Kissmyne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Instrument Panel Backlights

As far as the backlights go... I'd say you either have a short... or far more likely a blown fuse or set of fuses...

Quick Reply: Instrument Panel Backlights