Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

'02 Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '02 Air Conditioning

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid hehe i know what u are talking about 9 times out of 10 its a wire issue and not a computer issue. Reread what the first post said after he chared up the system it worked for a little while. If a wire issue was the prob it would not have worked for a week then not work at all or int. the wire issue had to have been there all this time even b4 he added freeon. Based on that either a leak is present and which still is because if there was little or no freeon and all u did was add some in its still there. When the compressor is run low on freeon the oil that flows in it also is low which lubs the comperssor insides. Once the freeon was back to norm the compressor was being used with low oil. Now that we are to that point U have a low system,bad conpressor or clutch or both. And then again still possably a wire issue. If u figure out that the big stuff does work then they can be ruled out and then go from there.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:24 PM
DStrat02

Well, the reason I think its a bad connection in the plug is because I added more freeon and got it running. But it was still a little goofy, so with it running I pulled off the panel, and I noticed that if I jiggled the wires it would come on. Then after a while of messing with it, I held the wires and a certain position and it would stay on.

Also, I know how you mentioned that it worked before and then it didn't, there is a possibility that through constant unplugging and plugging due to messing with my CD player could have resulted in the wiring going bad.

I actually e-mailed a dodge dealer and asked him about getting a new plug with the wires attatched, and he said that the one plug, which my car doesn't use, is $54! and the one that I need isn't available.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
DStrat02

Oh, and I just wanted to throw this in there....when its on defrost, it works great, it real cool, like I want it.

Quick Reply: '02 Air Conditioning