Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Problems on my Chrysler s

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Stratusguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems on my Chrysler s

hi!!</P>

I was out driving with my chrysler stratus 98" and suddenly my motor turned off its self while driving, i got off the road and tried to start the engine again, but it wouldn't start... i called the mechanics and they checked out the gaspump and the belt and all seemed to work well. we tried to put some startgas into the airfilter, and the engine nearly started. so we brought the car to a maintenance hall to check it..</P>

is it possible that it is'nt the controlling unit? thats wrong?</P>

the car was behaving like normal besides that the engine wouldnt start... the electrical power worked as it used to be</P>

they called me back and said it was the engines controlling unit that wouldnt work...</P>

</P>

i hope anyone can help me to solve this problem... i dont quite rely on the mechanics...</P>

Old 01-05-2004, 06:43 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problems on my Chrysler s

Yes it's very possible that it is not the PCM/computer. If you can get the car to fire or start even for a second on starting fluid then it is a fuel problem. It could be as simple and cheap as a clogged fuel filter or water in the gas to a sensor. Do the PCM self check for any trouble codes.

Quick Reply: Problems on my Chrysler s