Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

IGNITION REMOVAL

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
shawnbmx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IGNITION REMOVAL

HOW DO I CHANGE THE IGNITION CYLINDER ONMY 98 DODGE STRATUS I NEEDCHANGED ASAP AND I CANT FIGURE IT OUT

Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: IGNITION REMOVAL

LOCK KEY CYLINDER REMOVAL[*]Disconnect negative cable from auxillary jumper terminal.[*]Remove upper steering column shroud.[*]Pull lower shroud down far enough to access lock cylinder retaining tab.[*]Place key cylinder in RUN position. Depress retaining tab and remove key cylinder Lock Cylinder Retaining Tab [/ol] INSTALLATION[*]Install key in lock cylinder. Turn key to run position (retaining tab on lock cylinder can be depressed)[*]The shaft at the end of the lock cylinder aligns with the socket in the end of the housing. To align the socket with the lock cylinder, ensure the socket is in the Run position Socket in Lock Cylinder Housing[*]Align the lock cylinder with the grooves in the housing. Slide the lock cylinder into the housing until the tab sticks through the opening in the housing.[*]Turn the key to the Off position. Remove the key.[*]Install steering column shrouds.[*]Connect negative cable to auxillary battery terminal on shock tower. [/ol]

Old 06-06-2007, 08:33 PM
shawnbmx

the key comes out no matter where the key is turned so the tab is not their i need help

Old 06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

the TAB is on the bottom half of the key cly housing turn the key in run and then press up on the tab its about the size of an small screw driver tip. U need a flat head screw driver to press on it and then pull the cly with the key out. Now unless u plan on rebuilding it right then the car will stay on untill u put the new or old one back in there.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:13 PM
ajax72

what happens if your key wont turn in the lock? there is no way to trun key to the run postion therefore you cant depress the tab...any ideas on how to get around this short of drilling out the tab?

Old 09-06-2008, 09:38 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that in another Dodge ... I had to call a locksmith ... I hae no idea what he did , It cost my AAA about $120

Old 11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
harrisonhuskers

Do I need to be worried about the air bag? I don't want this thing blowing on me while working on the ignition.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:17 PM
SweetStratus

i wanna put a push button system in my stratus

Quick Reply: IGNITION REMOVAL