Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 4 door sxt questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 PM
nuckinfutz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 4 door sxt questions

First of all Great Forum
Hello All From SW Florida.
New to the forum and have a few questions .
1 .Where is/or is the fuel filter and does anyone know a good part number.
2 . Used a A/C recharge kit last week because the A/C would stop cooling while driving for a period of time and come back on. Got to the allowed pressure on their gauge and stopped wasn't really all that low. All was good and when the G/F took the car to the store and the same issue occurred and is still happening .
3 .Engine will surge and sometimes die even when A/C is off or on ..

Any replies and suggestions appreciated..

Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 PM
TrentFowler1
Default A/C Problem

I'm not sure about the other questions, but to the off and on A/C, I had the same issue. I took it to the Dealership (bad idea) they said it was a broken Blend Door and wanted $900 to fix it. I laughed and experimented with it at home. After finding out the Blend Door was in perfect condition, I took the car to a small town mechanic who fixed the A/C in less than 20 minutes. He took off the Right tire to gain easy access to the A/C compressor, which he removed, There were 2 washers (shims) that space the compressor away from the clutch (which turns it on and off). Apparently, overtime the magnet that engages the clutch (turning on the A/C) wears off, especially on warm days, and if you remove one of the two shims, it will make the magnet engage easier. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it is worth a shot, just remove the compressor from the clutch and take off one of the shims. Good Luck man!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 AM
FrankTA2
Amateur
Default Fuel filter

The fuel filter is in the gas tank. The only time you would change it is if you dropped the gas tank to replace the fuel pump or fuel level sending unit. It's integrated with the fuel pump assemply.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM
nuckinfutz

Thank you all for the replies.
A/C issue better needed equalized ..
I did change the fuel pump( had one from over a year ago )and yet the stalling issue continues .Could it be the IAC or TPS im not sure ? I need to see if there are any codes and go from there..IF anyone else thinks of anything drop a reply..

Last edited by nuckinfutz; 02-29-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 4 door sxt questions