Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

How do I remove a governor on my 2000 Stratus ES?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:15 PM
bwmoparman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove a governor on my 2000 Stratus ES?

How do I go about removing the governor on my 2000 stratus es. Until I remove it, all mods would be useless, and I dont kno much about computers in cars yet. Its a 2.5L V6, with autostick. It tops out now at 110. I need some pointers.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 PM
bwmoparman
Default RE: How to remove a governor on a 2000 stratus es.

Help me out.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
bwmoparman

Also, it tops out at 110 in third gear, I got a whole whole forth gear to play with if the governor is removed. This fact has my mouth watering. Any advice?

Old 07-19-2007, 02:35 PM
BloodRed
Professional

Your car does not have a "govenor" you have speed controlled computer. Dodge does not make a computer that can be flashed to up that top speed control. The only alternative is to get a performance computer (I do not believe there is any for the Stratus) or go a stand-a-lone custom computer for your car.

Basically, yes you will always be speed controlled to 112 (actual speed), no matter how many modifications you do. BTW--The reason your car is speed controlled to 112 is because the tires that came from the factory are only speed rated up to 112. Anything beyond that and they can become very unsafe. Higher rated tires are required to make the car safer at higher speeds.

I am not giving you this information so that you can upgrade your car to street race. I hope that you only are expeirencing those speeds on a closed course. If not, I hope the cops catch you, impound your car, you loose your license and serve some well deserved jail time!

Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 PM
bwmoparman

thanks for the info, but theres no need to be a smartass, take it easy

Quick Reply: How do I remove a governor on my 2000 Stratus ES?