Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

a few more questions....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007 | 12:16 AM
ftaffe
Default a few more questions....

ok, does anyone know what the idle on an 03 dodge stratus 2.4 DOHC should be at? my car is idling right at 500 - 600rpm's max. it sounds like crap, it doesnt feel right. its got brand new plugs and wires on there. is there a sensor that would need replaced? i dont have the money to start replacing sensors without knowing for sure which it is, and around here its average of $90hr to diagnose it at shops.

also, i put a yellowtop battery in my car the other day, now after my car is running for about 5-10 minutes in the evening with my headlights on they are flickering, at first i thought it was the sound system i installed, but with it turned off and the amp off it still does it. even during the day time i can see the odometer lights flickering after a few minutes of driving, but if i stay on the gas and keep the rpm's up they dont flicker as much, at a dead stop its really bad, im afraid of a ticket coming soon. could it be a bad battery, or a weak alternator thats not got the strength to keep a constant power sendback to the battery? im all kind of confused lately with this "POS"

thanks

Quick Reply: a few more questions....