Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

more power!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 06:02 AM
scoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more power!!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but i have had my 01 Stratus R/T V6 3.0L for little over a year. I love it, but I'm looking to beef it up some. Although stock, the car performs well, I want to get more hp and torque out of it to really utilise the cars potential. I have been looking into new performance parts but I'm not sure where to start? I know new plugs, wires and cold air intakes is a fast easy way to get a little extraout of your car but I am looking for something a little more. Rippmods makes a supercharger for the R/T that looks nice for $3,850 rippmod supercharger Also, I have heard that you can put a STS (Squires Turbo Systems) turbocharger STS Turbos on the Stratus R/T. Has anybody heard of, or think that it would even be possible to do? From what I have seen and read getting a turbo or supercharger requires additional work to be done with the suspension, headers, chassis, brakes etc... What other costs or needed work and tunning would I have to consider if purchasing something like this? Considering total costs for each being a chunk of change, what other options are there to get a noticable increase in hp and performance without spending thousands? If anyone could post any parts, recommendations, links or anything that could help me out that would be awesome.

oh, and getting a turbo or supercharger off of ebay... good or bad idea?

Thanks.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:16 PM
01indigoR/T
Professional
Default RE: more power!!

well from what i recall your definatly going to need headers for the supercharger kits ive seen... as far as suspension goes i dont recall having to mod that at all... i mean if you lower the car a little it will be more stable but its not needed. your going to need to tune it and stuff, the stock computer is going to need to recalibrate itself to some new settings, maybe bigger injectors, all depends on how much power yur looking for... another easy hp gain is through NOS. From what ive heard these engines can handle a bit more power...a 50 or 75 hp shot, either wet added through a plate with the injectors or dry by putting a spray jet into the air intake will be cool. as long as yur not spraying every time you drive the car the engine will last no problem. hope this helps...

Old 09-16-2007, 01:21 AM
nate_0022
Captain
Default RE: more power!!

Many people have been haveing problems with RIPPs supercharger kit it seems. Most people say your going to be spending about 7k-10k just to get your car to run right. Your going to need headers possible 2.5 inch exhaust bigger injectors, with Stage 1 you can run your stock internals but anything more your going to need new pistons, rods, and a big wallet. I'll post a few links with people who have some turbo kits and supercharger kits for sale.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/automoti...ound-here.html

http://www.club3g.com/forum/automoti...-thru-kit.html

http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/inde...howtopic=33573

Quick Reply: more power!!