Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Newbie: dash lights question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 04:30 PM
derone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie: dash lights question

Hey,
I've purchased a 98 Stratus and have what seems like a dumb question. Anyway here it goes: Do the HVAC controls have back lighting or are they supposed to be dark at night? The A/C light comes on if pressed, but I cant make out the heating and cooling controls at night.
Any help?
Thx,
Doug

Old 11-05-2004, 07:03 PM
lonasindi
Veteran
Default RE: Newbie: dash lights question

k, I've tried to post this a couple times from school and it didn't work out. I asked a friend with a '99 stratus and he said the only things that are backlit are his A/C and defrost buttons. So no, nothing's broken.

Old 11-05-2004, 11:13 PM
e_cubix

I have a stratus 96, my HVAC controls have backlight, with two little bulbs, these light the control at nigth or when you turn on the lights (No Leds) , you need remove the AC mask, carefully remove the controls and the defrost buttons. The bulb have a "socket" at the top. Maybe at Radiosack you can buy the little bulb (.2 Usd)

sorry for my english,

Salutes from MExico

Old 11-15-2004, 12:56 AM
derone

Hey thanks for the advice. I pulled the trim bezel, then pulled all of the a/c ***** and used a knife to pop the clips on the a/c mask. Sure enough there were two #37 bulbs in the a/c control head. Advance auto was the only place i could find them. I simple cure no doubt just don't push the on the bulbs too hard or you might have to pull the radio. []Yeah, yeah I know...it's my first dodge, but currently car number four in the house.
Doug

Old 11-15-2004, 01:05 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

youre first dodge...dont worry..

i once owned a ford...[]

Quick Reply: Newbie: dash lights question