Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

another 95 es problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:44 PM
dsolomon818
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another 95 es problem

So, first off i'm not a mechanic. Bought a 95 es and the guy told me from the start he'd just bought the car and apparently the water pump was bad. Drove it around town a little but didn't want to overdo it because i didn't want to overheat it. Towed it home, and decided to drive a little more since I was now closer to the interstate and could get a better idea of how it ran, (only paid 700 btw so i expected a little work). Got to 50 mph and tranny went neutral then tada.. limp mode. Got back home and had it towed to my inlaw's shop, unfortunately they work on diesel trucks, not cars, but they have every tool i could possibly need.Went to start it so I could try to pull codes for tranny, and guess what it doesn't start anymore. Decided i'd start with water pump since i knew that needed to be done, and actually had no problems doing it, other than the fact that once it was off i realized there was nothing wrong with it, figured the 15 mm wrench that i found wedged in the fan may have been the reason for the overheating, since i had only been using sockets and don't have any snap on tools anyway, so must not have been mine. Then went to computer. Got code 11 so I replaced crankshaft sensor, still no luck, and buddy at dealership told me it could also be the cam sensor, so my new distributer will be here tomorrow. If that doesn't make it start, where can i check next? Fuel pump is working, and i'm getting gas to the engine, sometimes no spark, sometimes really dull spark.. got brave and held shaft of screwdriver to make sure i wasn't getting a spark at all. thanks in advance

Quick Reply: another 95 es problem