Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:13 PM
sfx_1234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Leak

I've got a 2000 Dodge Stratus with the 2.0 in it. It has close to 130k miles on it. I noticed a small coolant leak recently. It appears to be coming from the rear of the enging (closest to the firewall) near the number 2 cylinder. To my understanding there is a freeze plug there and close to the number 4 cylinder. I'm also aware that these motors which are also in the Neon's have head gasket issuse. I looked at the head gasket and it appears to have the MLS gasket installed but that dosn't mean much. Any ideas? I'm assuming it's either coming from the head gasket, freeze plug, or the heater hoses. Any help would be great.

Thanks!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
nate_0022
Captain
Default RE: Coolant Leak

Well I guess you could always give the water pump a good look at, i'm not sure how you would tell if one is bad or not but, just a thought. Also check all the hose clamps make sure none are rusted. My gf's car had a crack in the coolant reservoir, could check that.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain
Default RE: Coolant Leak

Well I guess you could always give the water pump a good look at
They're at the front of the motor.

I've replaced more than a couple freeze plugs on the back of 2.0's. That'd be my guess.

Quick Reply: Coolant Leak