Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

'00 Stratus, CRAP electrics

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Aerik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 Stratus, CRAP electrics

OK sorry for the semi-rant here but.. This is getting stupid

Wife's car.. not too sure I'll ever marry into a Dodge again (although I dig the new Chargers, and the Challenger is HOT!)

So anyhow.. here's the list of stuff that's been going on:

1. heater blower control only works on high.. search showed a bad resistor on the blower motor, I'm sure I can fix it easily enough, if I have trouble locating it, I'll reply.. and no, I'm not about to buy a manual for this car as I doubt we're going to keep it much longer.. Maintenance costs are through the roof on this car. however that being said, a manual would've been a huge help in the last 2 years..

2. Dome light stays on randomly.. turning the ignition key on and off usually solves it

3: Radio will continue to play after the key is removed.. sometimes we have to take the face off the head unit to make it stop.. sometimes we can just turn the key on and off to solve it.

4. gear indicator lights in the dash stay on with the key removed. (wtf?) usually cycling the ignition key fixes it as well

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other problems, but these are the ones that keep popping up. Any ideas short of selling the car to some kid and hoping everything works out during the test drive? heh.. Like I said, I'll get the resistor figured out, and if I have any trouble with it I'll reply.. but any help with the other issues would be great!

thanks for putting up with my rant(s)

edit 'speeling'

Old 02-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Aerik
Default RE: '00 Stratus, CRAP electrics

Welp, the saga continues

Started the car this morning, air bag light stayed on, brake light stayed on, radio, PW, PDL, sun roof, turn signals, brake likesetc etc etc were all dead, and the transmission would squeal in neutral.. limed it home, cycled the key, and everything was fine after trying to start it a coupla times.. anyone want to buy an '00 Stratus? heh

anyhow.. this car's a POS..

Old 02-26-2008, 03:38 PM
DodgePedia

That sucks man, my brother's had a 2000 for years and never had electrical problems. I think he had an issue with the driver's side window motor but aside from that...well bro it just looks like you got an electrical lemon ;P

Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Linustratus
Professional

Ive had the exact same problems, and i changed the door sensor on the drivers door for 10 bucks,(the clip holding it together was a pain in the *** to pull apart!)and the blower resistor for 15. The lights and all the wierd **** stopped right after the door sensor went in. The blower resistor went out again, so im going to go buy a new one, put the old one back in the box, return it and get another one for backup. Just to make sure LOL.... Yeah yeah im a cheapass...

Quick Reply: '00 Stratus, CRAP electrics