Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

96 Cirrus Instrument Cluster Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:46 AM
StuckinNJ2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Cirrus Instrument Cluster Problems

I have a 96 Cirrus LX where the tach. and LCD. display for mileage and gear display work intermittantly.

Most of the time they do not work, I can be driving down the road and they will both just start working, then 5 min. later they go dead and may not come on again for a couple days. I do not have to hit a bump or anything to get them to come on, just driving down a smooth road so I don't think it's a loose connection.

Is there a simple fix someone can direct me to? Any ideas at all ?

Thanks!!

Scott

Old 01-07-2005, 03:50 PM
lonasindi
Veteran
Default RE: 96 Cirrus Instrument Cluster Problems

sounds like something's up with the computer. I don't know how much it'd cost to replace, but probably a junkyard is a good bet.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:44 AM
batman900

Ive got a 95 stratus "almost same car" and ive heard that its very hard to replace the instument pannel. just what ive heard tho. also if anything els is messing up it could be one of the computers in the car. theres 2, 1 for engine and 1 for interior stuff. btw my rpm guage messes up like that every now and then but no more than 5 times a month and for no longer than 2min. turning off the car and then back on fixes it, or it just unsticks like you said urs does. my car only has 88k on it so im sure it will get worse with time.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:16 PM
mntrailboss

Same thing happens to my 96. I called around and the computer aint cheap -- in the $400.00 neighborhood?

Salvage yards around town had a used gauge cluster for $50.00. I'm gonna give that a try first.

Bob

Old 03-26-2005, 04:34 PM
mntrailboss

I tried a new gauge cluster (actually a used one) and have the same issues. So, looks like its coming from the sending unit or computer or what ever. Any help here?

Old 03-27-2005, 01:29 AM
casper
Legend

I know the neons had problems with the solders on the back of the cluster going bad. All you have to do is resolder the connections. At least for the neon.

Quick Reply: 96 Cirrus Instrument Cluster Problems