Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Tornado Fuel Saver

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
craigb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado Fuel Saver

With fuel costs out of control I came across this after market part to help with fuel efficiency. Its designed to fit inside your air intake hose and is advertised as "A Non-Moving Turbine Shaped Device With Unique Airflow Dynamics That Creates A Fast Burn Effect In The Combustion Chamber Resulting In Improved Airflow And A More Efficient Combustion."I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this item and if its worth the money or is it just a gimmic?This is the link: http://www.tornadoair.com/

Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tornado Fuel Saver

JUNK ... Total SCAM most major car mags have run tests not one had good results ....
One published how to make it yourself ...I lost MPG

Old 06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
mulletman11
All Star

i sencond that
garbage

Old 06-24-2008, 11:18 PM
judasdeth
Rookie

The tornado is a good idea to twist the incoming air and in fact some car companies are trying to do that but the difference is that the car companies are making the valves twist the air into the cylinder and the tornado is twisting the air in the intake. I honestly dont think that the spiral action of the air would go all the way through the throttle body and the upper intake and through the heads(going around numerous bends) then going past the intake valves then finally into the cylinder. By that time i dont think the air is still spinning into the cylinder. So no i dont think that it would work even with all the praise by random ppl. It is just like putting additives in your fuel to get better gas mileage it doesnt work. In fact if u put the additives into your oil they would get filtered out by guess wat the oil filter to reduce oil flow and can lead to killing your engine or damaging it. So dont trust everything that you hear on the tv.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 PM
khooper
Rookie

this is my opinion products like this rarely work, whether they're a specific product like the Tornado or something similar. There are so many variables in the fuel economy of any vehicle, that's it's hard to prove that the product increases fuel economy.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 PM
TomStratRT
Professional

It is NEVER a good idea to put something in the path of your intake air flow (unless it's a filter). How can that be a positive thing? Yeah, let's improve the airflow by puting a rinky dink metal ring in the intake tube. Uh...no. It's crap. Much like the resistor mod chips and elecric "turbo" fanson Ebay.

Quick Reply: Tornado Fuel Saver