Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

cylinder 6 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 04:19 PM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cylinder 6 misfire

ok well ill start off with saying that im new to the stratus forum ....i have a neon and im a member of the neon forum but today i went out and bought a 2003 stratus r/t coupe 3.0...i love the car ...but ive literally only owned this car for hours and im already having trouble with it ...i brought it home and was installing a head unit and subs and while doin so one of my buds askd me to start the car he wantd to here it ....so i started it and it was shaking and wouldnt hardly idle ...well the check engine light came on so i ran the scan tool on it and it says cylinder 6 misfire and injector 6curcuit malfunction..so i figured it was the injector ...but instead of goin and buyin a new one which is over 200 dollars i decided to switch the #6 injector with the #4 injector just to make sure it was the injector ...well i cleard the code started it up agian and it still the #6 cylinder misfire....could taking out the stock headunit have anythign to do with this or jsut a coincidence...i did put the stock one back in and still no change ...i need help ...im a neon guy not a stratus guy ..."yet"....so any imput would b awsum ..thanks

Old 06-29-2008, 09:11 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cylinder 6 misfire

I'd say coincidence .... Pull the plugwire and plug inspect the plug and check for oil in the plug tube ... do the wireslook old ??? stock ??? mileage ???
try reseting the plug wire and clear code and see ... Also could be the rotor or cap ...

Old 06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

put new plugs and wire on no change ...traced the wires for the injectors and none are broken on wore.... one of my buddys that has and 3.0 eclipse said that ur not suppose to take out the stock unit ...wat the funny part about the head unit is it doesnt work ...sometimes itll work then it will just stop ...the cd is still playin but no sound ..just makes a crackling noise...its the same with the aftermarket headunit i installd ...works for a lil while then just makes crackling noises ...does the infinity system have a amp somewhere that might be bad ....the more i look at this car now that i have it home the more i think it might have been in hurricane katrina...it has salt water rust on the bare metal by the fuse panel ....haha ..i think i bought a lemon honestly

Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 PM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

anyone at all have an idea

Quick Reply: cylinder 6 misfire