Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus SWAP NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Stratus123qwe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratus SWAP NEED HELP

I have a 1998 dodge stratus 2.0 sohc 5 speed i need to know what motor will fit ...1998 turbo eclipse motor? RST-4 motor? looking for turbo motor that will fit easy and fast thanks

Old 07-16-2008, 10:04 PM
gpg
Rookie
Default RE: Stratus SWAP NEED HELP

You wrote the same thing (with different words, meaning it wasn't an accidental double post..) in two different topics..

If you check your other topic, you'll see you have a nice reply from ratsttam. But you should really consider your options here.. Not to mention your experience. I'm assuming you haven't swapped a motor before, due to the nature of your initial question. Just to warn you before hand, it is an expensive operation that will require alot of money, time, research, and experience. I'm not trying to scare you away or be mean, but this isn't something to do for someone that wants a "fast and easy swap" nor for someone that is unwilling to do the research necessary for this.

You'll probably want to check another forum, like 2gstratus and such, as this is probably not your best reference for this sort of information (most members here seem to either be general mechanical/electrical support, or R/T Drivers. lol)

Just, do some research, find out what you want to do, make sure you have alot of free time, and a lot of money in the bank. If you really go ahead and swap your engine for a ????, well, good luck, and god speed.

In a real reply to your question... Well, I really have no clue. I'd have to do some research ^^ But maybe your best bet is to build up the engine, and then turbo it from there.. Just a thought. but from what remember, your bays are a little crowded

Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 AM
ratsttam
Captain
Default RE: Stratus SWAP NEED HELP

the 2.0 is a pretty small engine. the bay has room for a turbo, (thankfully you don't have the 2.4 or 2.5, really no room left with those). The neon forum may have some information, as the 2.0 is the same engine found in the same year neons.

Quick Reply: Stratus SWAP NEED HELP