Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

odometer reading

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008 | 11:09 AM
psal2
|
Default odometer reading

The odometer on my daughter's 1996 Stratus doesn't show at all. Is there a dedicated bulb to light it up? I check all the fuses (good) and the rest of the lights in the dashboard turn on.

Also the tach doesn't work.

Any ideas what the problems could be?

Pete

Old 08-08-2008 | 01:10 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Sorry for the delay in answering. Forum problems would not let me post before the update.
There is a self test you can do to determine if the Tach is busted or not. You will need to hold down the trip reset button while the car is off, and than turn the key to the on position. the odometer should show some numbers and letters to let you know what ECU version the car has. if this does not show, than the compact florescent is dead, and the cluster will need to be replaced. The gauges will run through a series of tests moving the needles, flashing the indicator lights (in a clockwise series).

The issue may be as simple as a loose connection behind the cluster, or a faulty cluster altogether. Either way, replacement is simple enough with a cluster from an online auction site or the local scrap yard.

Quick Reply: odometer reading