Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

99Strat airbag/brake lite on...no electrical

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 PM
ousotsuki
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99Strat airbag/brake lite on...no electrical

When I turn on the car, after the lamp test finishes, on occassion, the brake lite and the airbag lite remain on.
When this happens, the engine is running, but nothing works. There is no power to the windows, door locks, ac,
fan, turn signal relays, or radio. I didn't check the horn, emergency flashers, brake lites or headlights yet, but
most likely they are not working either.

Turning off the car and restarting has clearedthe problem most of the time. (Once it took a second restart).

I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes plus, attempting to clear the computer. But I have not found any
info as to how to "retrain" the computer, yet. But basically I'm grasping at straws and attemptingthe cheap fix
first.

It has been suggested replacing the ignition switch might clear the problem, but I have not tried that option yet.

Also it was suggested I should remove each fuse,clean and reinstall. I could see if a particular function wasn't
working, but thisis not the case, everything is dead.

thx guys

Quick Reply: 99Strat airbag/brake lite on...no electrical