Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Possibly Elec Probs? Pwr Windows & Locks

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008 | 02:34 PM
justinj07
|
Default Possibly Elec Probs? Pwr Windows & Locks

'97 Stratus, 4 cyl. 2.4L engine.
~99k miles on it

I've been having random failures in my power windows and power locks for a year or more (My left power mirror fails all the time, but it may be bad in itself). Sometimes they'll work, and sometimes they won't. It's like a crapshoot. Anyway, just recently I noticed my speedometer started to flicker rapidly and then returned to normal behavior, and just shortly after that (not even 3 minutes) the light that displays my mileage and current gear the transmission is in went completely out, not dim, but then restored itself as well within a matter of minutes.

I'm thinking about taking it into a Chrysler dealership close to me and having them check out the electrical system as per recommendation of my local auto mech. Will this fix all of the above or is there more to be taken into consideration?

Old 08-11-2008 | 09:58 AM
02sxtstrat
Amateur

I had the same problem with my windows and locks, as they would work every now and then. Finally took it to shop and they found a couple of wires that were cut coming out of the driver's door. Now everything works fine. It cost me about $170 for the diagnostic and repair fees.

Quick Reply: Possibly Elec Probs? Pwr Windows & Locks