Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

can anyone help???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:52 PM
slinkstrat06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone help???

I am a new member and am hoping someone might have some ideas for me. I have an '06 Strat SXT with a 2.4 sedan and it has an intermittent problem. It may happen several days in a row or may go a couple of weeks without this problem occurring at all. I will be driving along (usually under 50 mph) and all of a sudden the tach drops to below normal idle rpms and no matter how much gas I give it, it will not accelerate. This sometimes lasts for a few seconds, other times just a second or so. A couple of times it has lasted long enough to slow me down to about 10 mph. Then it finally revs up and goes back to normal. The dealer replaced the plug wires and that didnt help. Tried Seafoam,too,no luck. The check engine light doesnt come on and the dealer says no malfunction codes so they dont know what it is. Tried their "co-pilot" computer but they are having problems with it. A mechanic rode with me for a few miles with a handheld computer,too. But naturally the car was fine the whole time. Any ideas? Anyone...anyone...Bueller??????

Last edited by slinkstrat06; 08-20-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:38 PM
slinkstrat06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally got a check engine light from this problem. It was the left upstream O2 sensor. Replaced it 10 days ago and haven't had a problem yet. Hope this may help someone with a similar problem out there.....Thanx all.