Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Asking for info about the dodge stratus

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Brock19414dr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asking for info about the dodge stratus

I'm new to this, so idk how to put it.
anyway, i just bought my wife an 06 dodge stratus sxt 4-door with 40k miles. its a solid clean car, so much that i am looking into getting the coupe version sxt, or the r/t. not to sure yet exactly what one. i want a manual trans, but the 2.4l or 3.0l im not sure on that, the 4-door has the 2.4l and it is strong past 40 mph, kinda sluggish in the start, but im used to driving/racing my v-8. major downgrade for me, but with prices on fuel, and trips from tx to nj gotta get a better car.

but to the point after all that rambling, im leaning on the 2.4l more, ive herd that the srt-4 neon head is a direct bolt up, is there any mods that could be cheap and inexpensive to do to this car the 2003-2005 2-door coupe, i dont mind spending money but im not looking into paying for a new car with just mods

Im in Iraq right now, but ill be home in a month or so, u can contact me on yahoo im if u wish

Lord_Brockharth@yahoo.com

Old 04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Glad to hear you're happy with that 06 sedan. Just keep in mind that the coupe isn't a dodge like the sedan is, it's actually a Mitsubishi Eclipse. So the SRT4/neon parts won't work with it at all. I roll a 1g Strat, so I don't know all the finer nuances of the 2g Strats, such as what is interchangeable with what... A lot of the other guys here have modified their 2g's and can shed a lot of light on this for you.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

2.4 in the coupe is a sohc mitsu. 4g63 evo parts will fit it. Head, turbo, you name it.

2.4 in the sedan is dohc chrysler. Completely different.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Brock19414dr

well, ok that opens up a few more questions about it now, if i was to put a stock sohc mitsu 4g63 evo turbo on it, since it would prob be cheaper then a kit, how much fabricating would i have to do? its no big deal for me to fabricate, since thats what ive done all my life, but as i said im not looking to spend to much money, and i should have said alotta time on it.
This is gonna be kinda different for me now, never really worked on anything this small. also i was trying to figure out how hard it would be to go from an sxt to an r/t body style, it looks like just a few light tweaks and badges, maybe even the sideskirts, not to sure though

thanks for the info, i could of been all types of jacked up.......

Old 04-23-2009, 05:19 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an SE. Only thing I added was rear disc brakes, fog lights and wheels.

Just search for a used EVO or Kia optima DOHC head. It will bolt right up.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by Brock19414dr
This is gonna be kinda different for me now, never really worked on anything this small. also i was trying to figure out how hard it would be to go from an sxt to an r/t body style, it looks like just a few light tweaks and badges, maybe even the sideskirts, not to sure though

thanks for the info, i could of been all types of jacked up.......
Make sure you're looking at the same model years. There is 2g Strats, and 2.5g Strats, which changed the styling quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Asking for info about the dodge stratus