Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Rear tires are kicked out.. what parts do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 AM
b47smith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rear tires are kicked out.. what parts do I need?

I have a 2002 dodge stratus r/t sedan and my rear tires are getting kicked out so that all the weight is on the inside of the tires and is wearing the tread to nothing. I took it to the shop and they said my "lateral links" are bad. Where can I find these to correct the problem?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
blackstratus

I had the same problem with my 02 RT Sedan. I had the balljoints replaced and an item that was a dealer only item that controlled the toe settings I think, it was really worn. If you look at your suspension it it a link with a circular fitting in the middle of it with a bolt in it to allow alingments. The lateral links are a bit bad on mine also but I choose to hold at this time. I think the shop said it was possibly available at carquest but wasn't sure. I know the dealer has them. Try one of the many Mopar parts websites. Also on another note ( i live i Wisconsin) my strut mounts corroded away (very common in salt states on these cars) and also threw the alignment bad causing alignment issues. Good Luck, if you fixed the issue by now, post on where you got the part (s). Thanks

Old 08-14-2009, 11:59 AM
add|ct
Rookie

I have the same thing happening on my rear tires. There is really bad cupping on my rear tires to the inside. So, is it a lateral link/sway bar or the balljoints & this dealer part(could that be the sway bar?)...?

I need to find out because I'm thinking about struts and new tires and don't want to have the rear wearing down fast.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:36 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ecentrics are used to align te rear end , they do freeze up with age and might need replaced to allow proper alignment

Quick Reply: Rear tires are kicked out.. what parts do I need?