Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

How can I access engine codes for my 2005 Stratus Coupe R/T?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Bandin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I access engine codes for my 2005 Stratus Coupe R/T?

I've tried cycling the key on 3 times which doesn't seem to work for my car and Auto Zone doesn't do free checking anymore. Is it even possible to get the codes without a scanner with the Mitsubishi engine?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The whole code cycling thing works on only OBD1 I believe. Go to Advance Auto, they havent stopped doing the free scans.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Bandin

There aren't any Advance Auto stores in California. :\ I've already called all the major auto parts stores in the area and none of them do free checking anymore.

I guess I'll just buy a code reader.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats stupid. Local ones here still do it. I bought a code reader 2 years ago and I'm glad I did. It sure beats getting charged to scan it each time.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 AM
lancejonesmusic
Rookie

Pep Boys still does it. Im in Los angeles. They scanned it and said there were no codes though.

Engine light went off then came back on. I bought a scanner at Autozone for 65 out the door. I got a code, Code P0300 random/multiple engine misfires.

Sfter they said they scanned it, they told me they needed to do a diagnosis for 89.99 to see wut is wrong.

Something tells me they do this to get you to buy a diagnosis, because my car has the code everytime I scan it.

Im waiting for coil packs to arrive in the mail and Im going to install them and rescan again/see if engine light goes away.

Anways, you can try pep boys. I also agree that buying a simple code scanner is worth it-

Quick Reply: How can I access engine codes for my 2005 Stratus Coupe R/T?