Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

P300 after engine replacement. PCM Conflict?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 PM
cnctony
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P300 after engine replacement. PCM Conflict?

I have 2000 2.5L Stratus. I removed engine and transmission and swapped engine with used one from Used Auto parts. I replaced spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I also flushed engine and new oil and filter. I also drained transmission and replaced filter, fluid and cleaned pan/magnet. I cleaned throttle body, IAC valve, and replaced valve cover gaskets. wweeeheww. OK

Initially the car started and idled perfectly. After running the car for 2 days about 100mi. the check engine came on. I have an OTC Mindreader and upon connecting I get a PCM conflict. I notice the rpms on the transmission PCM and the rpms on the engine ECM are reading differently by a 2- 10 rpms. The engine will idle at 700rpms with a little bump every now and then. I cant register this car with the check engine light on.

My code reader keeps locking up after a few min. I have never had this problem with my code reader before. but this is the first time I have seen 2 PCM's register with my reader.

I read in the transmission manual that If the transmission is replaced that a DRBII scanner needs to be connected and to perform the Transaxle quick learn procedure.

ANY BODY IN HOUSTON OR SURROUNDING AREA'S HAVE A DRBII THAT KNOWS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT?

Should I go to dealer? is there a way to set the teach mode without the DRBII?

Is the random missfire something else? any suggestions? HELP. I have also replaced the radiator, hoses, vacuume lines and everything I can think of.

Thanks Anthony

Old 05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
ratsttam
Captain

A dodge dealer should have the tool your looking for, it's a long shot to say that any independent shops will have that. Hell, I'm still looking for someone local that can turn off my autolocking doors (BCM programer)!. dealer probably charge quite a bit too to have it adjusted, synced or whatever else it needs.
Is there a possibility that the pcm isn't working quite right?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM
cnctony

I think I found part of the problem. The intake plenum has a map sensor and next to it there is a bung for a vacuum line or cap. Does anyone know if there is a vacuum line attached or is it capped off?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
ratsttam
Captain

I'll have to verify it when I get back home this weekend. But I recall that line (off the left side facing the car from the front?) being attached to something else.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:37 PM
cnctony

FIxed my problem, Missing and hesitation caused by bad distributor. I first replaced spark plugs cap and rotor- no change, then replaced the distributor, distributor cap and rotor from junk yard and now is running perfectly. Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by cnctony; 07-06-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: P300 after engine replacement. PCM Conflict?