Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

rear window override?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009 | 10:08 AM
Jim S.
|
Default rear window override?

Hello. I have a 2001 Stratus. My question concerns the rear windows and how far down they will roll. I'm assuming it's a "kids in the back seat safety thing", and that's why they wont roll down all the way, but is there an override for those of us who have no kids, and the only ones riding in the rear are grown-ups? There are ways to switch the child safety locks on and off-how about for this issue? Any help would be appreciated..Jim

Old 05-27-2009 | 04:53 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

I believe its all part of the window regulator. There are a certain amount of teeth on the gear, and I think when it runs out of room it stops. Maybe there is a way to use a regulator designed for the front on the rear?

Old 05-28-2009 | 08:19 AM
ratsttam
Captain

for a lot of cars, it also has to do with the width of the window compared to the width of the door near the bottom as it rolls down where the wheel well cuts in. Most cars, the window simply dosen't have any more room to roll down inside the door.

Quick Reply: rear window override?