Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Replacements for stock struts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:05 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most Autoparts stores can order them , they are a stock part so the dealer can get them as well
Here's the Avenger equivalent : http://www.quicksilverdiecast.com/se...Sebring/Detail

Old 08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
lancejonesmusic
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to get kyp or something other than oem since it is known that the oem ones like to start squeaking after some time-

Are these it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...4506.m20.l1116

Old 09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
lancejonesmusic
Rookie

bump...

1. I wondering if the strut mounts above are replacements for the stratus "strut bracket
as dodge calls it.

2. Also, Im wondering where I can get AGX kyb struts for a 2005 dodge stratus coupe 5 speed ----online store-

3. My vin number is 4B3AG42GX5E011146
Is it an R/T or SXT?

It is 2 door coupe, 2.4 Litre 5 speed transmission.

Thanx, Lance

Last edited by lancejonesmusic; 09-01-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lancejonesmusic
bump...

1. I wondering if the strut mounts above are replacements for the stratus "strut bracket
as dodge calls it.

2. Also, Im wondering where I can get AGX kyb struts for a 2005 dodge stratus coupe 5 speed ----online store-

3. My vin number is 4B3AG42GX5E011146
Is it an R/T or SXT?

It is 2 door coupe, 2.4 Litre 5 speed transmission.

Thanx, Lance
1.You don't need upper strut plates. You might want to get the rubber seals, but you dont need to replace the steel unless its terribly rusted. My car is 4 years older than yours and my plates are still mint.

2.Tirerack.com among many many other sites. Search under 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. Its all the same.

3.If you have a 4 cylinder motor, you have an SXT

Old 09-02-2009, 07:28 PM
lancejonesmusic
Rookie

Hmm well my front struts or something around there squeaks when my front end bounces a little, example, on a big speed bump. It happens every time. The long post above states that it was something called the "shock bracket".

Can you tell me what part that is?
Since the dealer admitted to going through them a lot(selling replacement ones), I am hoping kyb makes a better one I can use.

Thanx for clarifying the other stuff for me Pearl. You have been a big help to me on here man.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Molecule

Originally Posted by Dajamax
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT...

Shock Bracket". It's the silver mount that is bolted underneath the wheel well and is what the upper part of the strut mounts to. It has two arms that protrude down, and this is what the upper control arm mounts to. Between them are plastic bushings, and it is the bushings that often dry out, crack and then cause the creaking noise.
I'm not sure, if this is Strut Bellow which come with white rubber bumper. This bumper goes in between strut and mounting bracket. I got it from Advance Auto. I had the same problem on my '98 - 2.4L two years ago, went through the same route; replacing front struts & brackets and bellows, inspecting front suspension & engine mounts. But they did not seem to fix the problem and I gave up. Six months later, I noticed every time I fill up my tank with the gasoline which has no 10% ethanol. I did not get the noise! I am not sure, if this is actually from the bellow tune in time or what. But It happened right the same time when I switched the gas. So call me crazy

Quick Reply: Replacements for stock struts?