Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stock Speaker Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 PM
packerslounge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Speaker Help Needed

Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of a 2000 Strat with 250,000 miles on it. Surprisingly the only problem I have are with the speakers. It has an after market crud stereo in it. The only speakers that work are the tiny ones on the dash. Neither the door or rear speakers work. I was told they needed to be "powered" somehow?

Can anyone advise. I know the speakers work. Just need directions on what to look for to get them powered up.

Thanks

Old 06-08-2009, 03:40 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by packerslounge
Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of a 2000 Strat with 250,000 miles on it. Surprisingly the only problem I have are with the speakers. It has an after market crud stereo in it. The only speakers that work are the tiny ones on the dash. Neither the door or rear speakers work. I was told they needed to be "powered" somehow?

Can anyone advise. I know the speakers work. Just need directions on what to look for to get them powered up.

Thanks
If you've got the same audio setup as I do, you actually have an amp in the car (somewhere) that powers the 6x9 and 6" speakers. the 4 3/4" speakers are powered by the head unit. You need to pull the radio out, and if there is a blue wire (or blue with white stripe) coming from the radio, it needs to be hooked up to both blue wires on the aftermarket harness. otherwise, the blue wire (might be different color on stock harness, but adapter wire should have it blue) needs to be hooked up to the RED wire. This blue wire will be the remote turn on wire (also may be labeled power antenna). Please take a picture of your wiring if any of these colors don't sound right, or if the stock harness was CUT out instead of using a proper aftermarket adapter, and I'll also try to get time to pull the radio out and take a pic.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:45 PM
packerslounge
Default Thanks

I will try that later today. If I have any problems Ill be back with pics. Totally appreciate it man.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
packerslounge
Default Thanks

Here is one for the archives of your Dodge forum. Went to pull the radio, figured I out to pull the fuse first just in case. No fuse. Nice. Some people's kids.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
ratsttam
Captain

weird wiring job... if the "radio" fuse is pulled... the radio shouldn't work, thus not even the "high" speakers working. Hopefully they didn't do a full on hack job of it, and at least invested the $6 in a harness :/
There is lots of wrong ways to end up with a working radio. I fear you've got one of those.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 AM
stratusoutlaw

If there is an amp like our 95 Stratus, it is under the front passenger seat. Could that be the fuse for the amp and there is a second fuse for the deck?

Quick Reply: Stock Speaker Help Needed