Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

99 Stratus High Beam Indicator Light Stuck on!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:24 PM
detailz0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Stratus High Beam Indicator Light Stuck on!

Hi,

I'm sure everyone has seen the HID kits out there. I just installed a hi/low kit for the 9007 headlight bulbs with a relay, so I don't burn the cars harness from a high load. Only problem is my high beam indicator light is stuck on, even though t he high low works on the kit! The relay only utilizes one of the stock harnesses 9007 connectors, the other is left twisting in the wind, so I think it may be that a bulb needs to be plugged in the other. But I can't leave a bulb hanging under the hood... Any ideas anyone? Thank you so much in advance!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 AM
ratsttam
Captain

seems like more of an issue with the kit. I would contact the manufacturer to see what they say about how its installed, seems odd that it wouldn't use all the existing wires. it might be a known issue, or may even require another component in the mix to make it work right.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 AM
detailz0

Since I am using a relay harness, it just requires one headlamp connector to work. I am going to try and see if plugging in a bulb to the passenger empty factory bulb connector works, if so, either keep a dead bulb in there, or maybe I can wire in another connector to the kits harness and plug it into the empty socket as well. We will see. Thanks for any help. I spoke to the retailer and he didnt have any answers...

Old 06-19-2009, 01:42 PM
detailz0

So the problem is that the passenger connector needs a bulb in it to avoid the high beam indicator telling me I lost the high beam in my headlights. Doesn't seem to care about the low beam. Problem solved by placing a bulb with a dead low beam filament under the hood in a plastic container attached to the connector. It doesn't light so no worries. I am going to get a spare connector and attempt to wire it into the aftermarket relay harness with the hid kit to avoid having a bulb in there altogether. I'll post a pic with the HID lights on soon! The kit was reasonable, $80 and if you are interested it was from triplenineline.com. I opted for the factory 4300k look. Such a pleasure compared to my regular headlights, and it doesnt look like it should draw any unnecessary attention.

Quick Reply: 99 Stratus High Beam Indicator Light Stuck on!