Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 Dodge Stratus RPM issue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Abid_23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Stratus RPM issue?

Hi, I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe with a 3.0L Engine. The problem I'm having right now is when I shift from "park" to "Reverse or Drive" the RPM spikes? Also, my Check Engine light is on, and the code reads that the RPM is too high? Also, I've noticed some slipping in the tranny, but its not that bad, only once in a while. I had new spark plugs put in, new plug wires and new ATF fluid with the correct additive for the dodge tranny.

So, If anyone knows why my RPM is spiking? And if you could tell me what it is? I would really appreciate that.

THANKS ABID

Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 AM
ctrhenry

check your vacuum lines and make sure your throttle body and tps are clean.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Abid_23
...and new ATF fluid with the correct additive for the dodge tranny.
Hopefully whatever you put in is good for a Mitsubishi transmission, because thats whats in your car.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Abid_23
Default thanks guys

Thanks guys! But sadly my Tranny gave out this morning, it was a big mess! I don't understand how tho, the fluid was good in color, the level is fine, i did notice some slipping issue in the lower gears but it wasn't that bad at, definitely no indication of a major tranny failure? Any idea's of what happened?

Old 06-27-2009, 09:26 PM
blueR/Tstratus
Default What codes are you getting?

We had a code for a map sensor and they go from about $230 for an aftermarket to retail at the dealer over $600.
Got lucky and found one at the 1st boneyard I went to in Bithlo for $75. Cured the high idle prob.
Remember, you still have to clear the codes after the part is replaced or the check eng light will still stay on.

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Stratus RPM issue?