Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Starting Trouble(no pun intended)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Stratus_Status21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Trouble(no pun intended)

I have a 2004 stratus SE sedan 2.7L (6cyl.)with only 29000 miles...Last week i went to start it and it would crank but not start...it was cranking but the car just would not turn over. I stopped and then tried turning it on again and it turned on perfectly fine. Then this week on monday it took a second to start and then wednsday it wouldnt start again but you would hear it trying to. now today it wouldnt start again so i let go of the key and then tried again and it wouldnt start again so i tried one more time and it worked perfectly fine but now my check engine light is on. I know you guys cant see or look at my car yourselves but any guesses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking!!

Last edited by Stratus_Status21; 07-10-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Stratus_Status21

UPDATE:i went to the mechanics and it was my camshaft positioning sensor...does anybody know how much something like this will cost and is it a serious fix? is it something me and my dad could fix(he is an ex mechanic)or is it something you need a full blown shop with all the tools for? thanks!

Old 08-08-2009, 01:46 PM
OkiePC

Apx $42 for a replacement sensor.

Quick Reply: Starting Trouble(no pun intended)