Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

A/c HVAC/BCM Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 AM
TorqueWrench
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c HVAC/BCM Questions

First off, Ive got a '96 Stratus 2.4L.
My problem is that air only blows out of the defrost vents even if I set the blow mode to BiLevel/Feet etc.No matter what it still only blows through the defrost vents.

First thought was that it was the switch/**** itself.Pulled it out and ohm'ed it.According to my Haynes manual the switch is doing what its supposed to.
Haynes goes on to suggest that if the switch is good, "check for blown fuses, damaged wiring, bad connections, defective BCM(Body Control Module) or bulkhead connector"

All fuses are good.
Im hoping its not bad wiring as I already hate electrical work and it would be a pain to find.
Other than on the back of the A/C panel I dont know of any other connections(Help?)
Working with the idea that its the BCM, could anyone confirm mmy theory or give me any information about it?Its an elusive little beast that I cant seem to find any information about.Perhaps testing/location/replacement info would be great.
Im just completely unsure what a bulkhead connector is so Im in the dark on this aswell, so any information would be helpful

Any information or suggests are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Quick Reply: A/c HVAC/BCM Questions