Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Strat hesitating....can it be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:45 PM
thunderstrat2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strat hesitating....can it be fixed?

Hey everyone

I'm new here. I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus SE sedan. Its has a 4cyl with just over 72K miles on it. I have been having a couple of problems with it that I need to fix.

1) It has been hesitating when I pull off. It doesn't do it so much when its cooler outside. But when its hot outside it does it a lot. It sometimes does it when I pull off but now always. It more happens when I am at highway speed and have to push the gas pedal. What could it be? Is it fixable?

2) Sometimes the service engine light will come on every few weeks. We hook it to the computer at Advance Auto Parts and clear the code out (code p0441 I think). Is there anything that I can do to fix it?

I have been told that this is typical for a Stratus and that I need to trade it in. But I would much rather fix it because I do like the car. Any advice would be great!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:39 PM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when was the last time you had a tune up?
Knowing that code exactly would help quite a bit. I will lean towards a misfire on one or more cylinders. I would start by changing the plugs and wires and see what that does for you.
If that doesn't help than distributor or coil would be the next place to look.

Quick Reply: Strat hesitating....can it be fixed?