Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2006 Stratus seems to jumps into Drive from reverse

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 AM
omiemar2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Stratus seems to jumps into Drive from reverse

I was driving my car yesterday and pulled into a parking spot, put it in reverse, and then when I put it back into drive it paused for a second and then went into drive hard, like it jumped. I went and did what i had to do got back in car and put into drive from park and it was okay. Got to work and I backed up into a parking space, put it into to drive to staighten out car and it paused and jumped into drive, I put it in reverse no problem and backed up, I put it back into drive and it pause again and then jumped into drive.. Help please don't tell me I have transmission problems. I don't know if this is related but my car has also been idling shaky and jumpy. I checked I have transmission fluid and it does not smell burnt. This car only has 44,952 miles on it.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:41 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by omiemar2
Help please don't tell me I have transmission problems. I don't know if this is related but my car has also been idling shaky and jumpy. I checked I have transmission fluid and it does not smell burnt. This car only has 44,952 miles on it.
First things first Omiemar, Please fill out your vehicle specs. Specifically if you have a coupe or sedan, and which engine/transmission you have. I'm not sure if we're dealing with a Dodge or Mitsubishi yet

I won't lie to you. Your description does not sound good.
First thing I would do is to check your motor and transmission mounts. Broken mount might be pushing out in reverse, and "hitting" when it's put back into drive. Could also make the car shaky and jumpy as you describe.
If your transmission fluid was changed recently, double check that it was refilled with ATF+4 ONLY. Our transmissions are very finicky about the fluid used.

Last edited by ratsttam; 09-22-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM
omiemar2

My car is a 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4 dr sedan. It is 4 cylinder, automatic I am not sure what else you need.

Quick Reply: 2006 Stratus seems to jumps into Drive from reverse