Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

96 stratus fuel injection issue help??? :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:49 PM
mb09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 stratus fuel injection issue help??? :(

Ok so the power steering caught on fire, I fixed the lines, repaired a few damaged wires on the harness, repaired the vaccum lines. I can get it to start after holding the key over, it starts rough. It has fire on all 4 cyl. The connectors on the fuel injectors- 3 read over 12v, but 1 read like 130 mv, could this be my issue? The car back fires and i get some white smoke someone help plz.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd double check te wiring the low one sounds wrong to me ... you can get a noid light and check for power ...but the voltmeter tells the tale

Old 10-27-2009, 10:28 PM
mb09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is everything that happens, the engine is cold, i crank and crank holding the key over, give it some gas, it wants to die, when the engine warms up a little I am able to rev it up without it dieing. I get backfire in the intake, white smoke, engine is very hesitant to die. I put it in drive hit the gas and it really wants to die.all cylinders are firing and i replaced the connector to the fuel injector. sounds like maybe the wiring is grounding out some where because every time a put a fuse in the interior lights it pops. Would 1 injector not working cause all my problems besides the fuse popping?

Quick Reply: 96 stratus fuel injection issue help??? :(