Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

stratus engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:05 PM
silver_charger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stratus engine

i have 2001 stratus coupe it has 24 valve 3.0 now with the reading i have done 24 valve is dohc right. now when i got to look up parts online at autozone.com it only list a 3.0 with sohc are the parts the same am i going to have to look up another manufactuer like a 3000Gt or a stealth any help would be great here is the website with the info on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_6G7_engine

thanks
sebastian

Last edited by silver_charger; 10-30-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:26 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Its SOHC. The 3000gt motor is DOHC, and is totally different than your motor. It sits 180* from the way your motor sits so transmission wont work either. If and when you buy parts anywhere for your car, tell them you own a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and you will get the part you need.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
silver_charger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why should i tell them that are the parts different not disagreeing just wondering what the difference is

Old 10-30-2009, 09:39 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silver_charger
why should i tell them that are the parts different not disagreeing just wondering what the difference is
I ran into problems a lot when i first got my car. I have a 2.4 SOHC and the Sedan has a 2.4 DOHC. I would ask for say a Stratus lug stud for the wheel, and got the wrong part. I also got an incorrect belt. Since then, I just tell the auto store I own an Eclipse and I get the right part every time. You can't go wrong that way.

Quick Reply: stratus engine