Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 dodge stratus se

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 AM
deepbass69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 dodge stratus se

So I bought my stratus from my uncle few weeks ago (he is a mechanic), well month and a half ago, and it broke. It was hesitating to rev, then like over reving it self. it shifted and accelerated extremely fast to catch itself up, i get to my uncles house one day to look at it, because even with it idling it sounding like it was misfiring and the fuel injector was messed up. but it wasn't as he starts the car, a loud rattling noise happens and my idler pulley explodes, putting a hole in my timing belt, so i had to replace the pulley, the belt, the cover kit, and the water pump. idk if this has anything to do it, my car stereo is hooked up to the fuse box, and someone said they did that to their pt cruiser, and it messed with the computer in the car.

so its been fine for two weeks and now it seems to be doing the same thing, progressively getitng worse and worse. now some other people have said, transmission could be skipping, the fuel injector could be messed up, some sensor or something else i forget.

but i really cant afford to take it to a garage this time or anything else, didnt know if any one had a clue as to what is causing this. like i said, seems to be stuttering when i acell. then it shifts it self to go.

i knew i shouldnt of gotten a dodge because when i was like 13 our intrepid had so many problems, now our dodge dokota in a year both front ball joints snapped, and my cousins intrepid has messed up so many times.

some pics of what i have in the car.

next to my old car i did work on.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:50 PM
deepbass69

Come to find out cylindor 3 is miss firering, so hopefully it is just spark plugs or a bad wire, sensor or w.e nothing major

Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 AM
circumventor
Banned

so like yall sell that stereo stuff and use the $ to fix the car rite. all that amp stuff my make yall feel good and important but it dont getcha to work

Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 PM
deepbass69

had the system for two years in my other car and i got money nothign to worry about..

Quick Reply: 2000 dodge stratus se