Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 12:10 AM
CJs_StratusES
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light

Wuts up...i have a 96 Stratus ES with a few problems...one of them that bothers me is the ABS light...how do i turn it off? wut does it indicate? i just replaced my front brake pads. And i also have a problem with the Check Engine light. It wont go away. AND...my gas gauge needs to be reset since it currently doesnt work...someone please help my Stratus!!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2005, 12:47 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ABS light

gas gauge...probably a bad sending unit...

the CEL has to be reset by a scan tool..but if you have an issue that is triggering it, the light will just come back on.

the ABS light..check your brake fluid...if it is full, you will never to find a place that has an ABS system scanner...

Old 05-04-2005, 11:51 PM
CJs_StratusES

yo..thanx for the advice...but wuts a CEL?...and for the check engine light...could it be the O2 sensor?

Old 05-05-2005, 12:17 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes..if you get it scanned...the CEL (check engine light) very well may be on for an O2 sensor.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:06 AM
CJs_StratusES

alright...ill go to the dealer and see what i can do with that CEL. i checked the brake level and it read fine...maybe it will go off when i get the computer reset for the CEL. i dont know...the car is a high mileage machine...so i wouldnt doubt that that would be the reason the abs light is on. newayz...thanx for all your help dude, when i have other questions, ill post them up here for ya...thanx again man.

Old 05-12-2005, 04:43 PM
CorEmonk

my ABS light was on for a while, my neighbor works for crysler so i always get my car fixed (in fact in going in today for my fog lights) he hooked up a scan tool to it and it was some wierd sensor, bring it to the dealership...they'll fix it...it's expensive though (it was like 200 for me)

Quick Reply: ABS light