Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 stratus double-din help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:31 PM
boyerstyle87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2004 stratus double-din help!

Hey, im new to the forum as of today, but i have a 2004 dodge stratus coupe sxt and im looking to put a double din head unit in the dash... is there a company that makes a kit for it, can i use another part, has anyone pulled this off?

Old 04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
boyerstyle87

ive searched the sight and so far still no info...

Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 AM
ratsttam
Captain

It's a 1 1/2 din setup. To go with the larger 2 din set, you'll be doing some modification to your car. If you're ambitious enough, you can use a "universal" mounting kit (the ones with different brackets), and cut/file your dash to make the opening larger. Best of luck with this modification. Please take pictures as you go along and post them, so that others can follow this trail you're blazing

Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 PM
ADL510

I do advise though from working at a car audio shop, I've only seen it done (not yet to my car) but on another stratus - (they are all usually 1.5 dins) to tuck all the wires either to the side or the top, and make sure there is some extra slack in the back first and taking out the cluster panel (4 screws I believe and pull out), and like ratsstam said to start to cut and file it, never cut too big, just make measurements and then cut + file. What kind of unit were you looking for? there are some single din flip outs that are nice, there are some from Soundstream, Pioneer, and Alpine, depending if you want Navi or not.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 PM
ratsttam
Captain

I realize this is not an issue for the OP (or anyone with a 2 or 2.5g).
The 95-00 model, cannot use a flip up screen either, so cutting and drilling is the only way to put a nav or dvd in dash screen. It all has to do with how the radio sits UNDER a shelf

Tried to embed, but the original one is too large.
http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/...pic-17242.jpeg

Quick Reply: 2004 stratus double-din help!