Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Orange Warning Light on a 2004 Dodge Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:23 PM
pja13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange Warning Light on a 2004 Dodge Stratus

Hi, sorry for the dumb question but when I bought the car, it didn't come with a manual.

All of a sudden today an orange warning light came on. It's on the right side of the instrument panel, & is basically in the shape of a misshapen rectangle (looks like some sort of car-part that I'm unfamiliar with, has what looks like jagged teeth or other mechanical variations). The car made a *ding* sound when it came on, but I haven't noticed any difference at all in the car's performance (although I only had to drive it for another 2 minutes after it first appeared).

Anybody know what the problem is stemming from, or what my car is trying to tell me?

Old 04-09-2010, 02:07 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Did it perhaps look like the icon below?

Attached Thumbnails Orange Warning Light on a 2004 Dodge Stratus-htup_0807_01_z-honda_check_engine_light_aka_mil_cel_or_idiot_light.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:48 PM
checkcarz

what does that exactly mean?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Rjnavyboy

I have the same light come on the one shown above (ORANGE) ( what does it mean ?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by Rjnavyboy
I have the same light come on the one shown above (ORANGE) ( what does it mean ?
If that's the light you have on, AND you have to ask what it means, than a trip to a mechanic is in order.

That is an icon of your engine. Since it's lit, it's telling you something is broken, or will be sooner than later.

Quick Reply: Orange Warning Light on a 2004 Dodge Stratus