Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Spark Plug Mental Breakdown

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
villageidiot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plug Mental Breakdown

OK so I go to the local auto parts store and order plugs for my 2001 dodge stratus 16 valve dohc engine. the guy hands me 4 plugs bosch i think anyway i get home and pop da hood. I go to the manifold and pull the cap off and to my surprise there is no plug. In fact, all wires end in nothing but the cover NO PLUGS!
Now I am no auto genius but should this car have plugs or did the guy who sold me the plugs laugh at me as i walked out the door. If there are plugs where are they and how do you get to them?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 AM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All gas engines have spark plugs, it's what ignites the fuel/air mixture. Across the top of the engine where the plug wires went into, is the 4 holes. Follow the wires from the distributer, coil pack, or whatever else creates the charge on your engine, there may be plastic covers which will need to be removed if present. Look down the hole where the plug wire went into on top of the engine. You will need a 6" extension and a spark plug socket (usually has a rubber gasket to "grab" the plug and lift it out)

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Mental Breakdown