Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dodge Stratus instrument panel problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Loucka
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Stratus instrument panel problem

Hello:

Am new to the forum, hoping for help with an issue with my 2000 stratus.

For last three days have an issue after car parked in sun for few hours. Instruments not working (odometer stays at 0), no tachometer, fuel gauge, speedometer, no display for what gear I am in. Also found that A/C will not come on. While blower works, air only comes from defrost vent no matter how I turn the ****. Button on key does not activate security system and will not unlock doors. I use the key to manually open the doors. Car starts and drives correctly through all gears. Remote mirror, interior buttons on door to lock/unlock doors, open windows appear to function properly. radio functions properly, headlights function properly.
Only drive less than a mile then I am home. When outside temperature cools down, all functions work.

Asking for help on a solution. Thanks

Old 05-06-2010, 08:16 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Numerous systems failing under extreme heat
Could be a bad ground bus somewhere in the dash, or even the ECU having trouble dealing with the temperatures (not really likely, but a possibility). As a simple fix, try one of those cardboard sunshades with foil on the outside, to radiate the suns heat away from the interior of the car. Let us know if that works, and we'll keep thinking about what else could cause your issues.

A nice benefit of the sunshade, is that you won't roast when you get in the car (for me, and my black leather seats, it is indispensable)

Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 PM
juni123

I have this exact same problem, I've searched every where for an answer to this problem, I was told by a Midas mechanic that it was the ECU but it would have to be replace with a brand new one because you can't flash a used one. I remember checking prices last year and the ECU alone was about $700, plus labor and the flashing = a lot of money.

Quick Reply: Dodge Stratus instrument panel problem