Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2006 stratus is jerking

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 PM
mrsmorris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2006 stratus is jerking

i just baught a used 2006 dodge status im having a problem with it jerking??? my engine light comes and the it starts jerking ive tried to listen for a noise but so far have heard nothing it will just jerk and struggle to accelerate while im driving weather im going 10 mph or 70mph. ive checked all my fluids and they all look great has anybody else had this problem or dose anyone know what it may be????? i have a 4 year old son and im worried its gonna slow us down one of these days on the highway and where gonna get hurt ive taken it to the shop once but when they drove it to test it it didnt jerk please someone help me so i can fix this before it gets too bad dangerouse and expensive

Old 05-17-2010, 03:50 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like somethings up with your tranny. Could be anything. But maybe you have the wrong tranny fluid in her. I believe you need ATF4. One of the other guys here knows more about that than I do. They may be able to help you.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:50 PM
mrsmorris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you im taking it to the shop tomarrow @ 1:30 ill as them what kind of fluid they put in it if you have any other suggestions it would greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: 2006 stratus is jerking