Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Temperature control not working stuck on hot

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 03:56 PM
capeless
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temperature control not working stuck on hot

2000 Stratus SE 2.4. I can turn the hot/cold **** and it stays on hot. Fan blower works fine just wont change from hot to cold.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:27 PM
capeless

I take it back. The fan blower only works on high. So I need to replace the relay? (attached by two bolts and has two wiring harness plugged into it under glove box?) Would that affect the temperature as well?

Also, there was a nest in the blower box under the glove box. I pulled a white plug with a pair of wires attached to it as well as the relay? and pulled the stuffing out of it.

I just bought this car and it was sitting for a year. When I pulled the plugs out of the air box under the dash the air temp was colder than it was coming out of the vents before. Is there a way to manually move the air temp control? Thanks

Old 05-23-2010, 05:42 PM
capeless

OK, searching didn't work because I didn't know the name of the part I am searching for. The blend door arm is broken. I pulled the radio and manually moved it to cold. AC works great. I will fabricate a fix for it. Shouldn't be too hard. I also need to repalace the relay for the blower motor or maybe the blower motor too. I wonder if the nest in the air box had anything to do with it?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what your looking for is the blower motor resistor....

Quick Reply: Temperature control not working stuck on hot