Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Upper ball joint boots

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper ball joint boots

I just purchased a 1999 Stratus ES with 2.5L V6. Someone has over-greased the font and rear upper ball joints. The boots have been blown. The joints are still good. I can’t find replacement boots specifically for this model. The front and rear ball joints are the same.
Does anyone have the dimensions of the joint cover and shaft at the point the boot makes contact? If I could get these dimensions I could get boots of the same size. I’m too lazy to detach a joint to make the measurement. Replacing the joint is expensive and time consuming. Or----- Does anyone know where I can purchase boots?

Old 09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
kiwicowboy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a parts store and if they have one in stock, measure it there without buying it.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:11 PM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried all the local parts stores and auto jobbers. None of them stock just the boot. The replacement ball joints had different boots. I finally found a Chrysler parts man who lookd up the part. They were inexpensive.

Quick Reply: Upper ball joint boots