Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 front suspension rattle

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 02:24 PM
BG2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you helped ........................But you also talked about a person grammar at the same time which had nothing to do with the situation so that is considerd trolling. THANKS but keep the comments to yourself. We are not here to learn spelling. We're here to try to fix our cars so we don't have to pay a MECHANIC(hope that makes you feel better) to do it!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:50 PM
sapporo
Banned

never said anything about grammar, it was spelling that I was ribbing you about. geez, you must have never had anyone ever tell you that you did something wrong even in jest.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 PM
kiwicowboy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the spring isolators, they rot away after 2 to 3 years. That would also cause a clunking sound when hitting a bump.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:42 AM
rbailey80

I have the same problem. I found the problem finally today thou. Its the lower control arm rear isolator bushing. If you look at the lower control arm in the rear of it where it slides into the subframe. there is a bushing in there that goes bad. if you put the car in park and rock the whole car back and forth you can recreate the noise. Its hard to find due to the weight of the car on and off the jacks dont allow it to clank around when ur lookin for the problem.. Any further questions email me at bobdapoolguy@hotmail.com this bushing is pressed into the control arm so if you try repairing urself you will need a tool to repress it in..

Quick Reply: 2004 front suspension rattle