Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2006 Dodge Stratus Will not rev or accelerate some times while driving.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:46 AM
military joe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Stratus Will not rev or accelerate some times while driving.

Ok guys im new to this web site. Hope you all can help me with my problem. Im currently deployed to Afghanistan and my wife back home is having car trouble. Yesterday she was at a stop light and the 2006 dodge stratus wouldn't rev or accelerate. she had to shut the car off and turn it back on to get it to move and rev up. I have looked up a bunch of stuff online and its kinda foggy. But from what i have read its going to probably be the tps or throttle cable. maybe even needs a xmision flush. but if it was a tranny problem the car would atleast rev up this time it wouldn't do anything. it was like she wasn't pushing the gas when she was. please help

Old 12-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Harv

My 2006 is having the same problem. What was the fix for it? I have no RPM after the car warms up. Thanks

Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Nic1311

I have a similar issue though my 2006 was running perfect right up until this morning when on my way to work it simply begin to idle rough for a minute when stopped at a traffic light and by the time it was time to go, the car would not accelerate at all and felt like it was resisting me pushing on the gas... I had to pull off the road and when it finally did stall completely, it would not start again (just wouldn't turn over). Of course a tow ride, and approx. 4 hrs of waiting for him to show up in the scorching heat, it started right up again, but obviously there is some issue and I am worried it is fuel related but haven't a clue what it could be - though it did start up later, I have not driven it and do not plan on it until I know what I'm looking at. I do hope someone can help shed some light soon and perhaps help at least one of us find a solution. I'd love to get some idea about the problem just to prepare myself and my wallet for when I get into the shop...

Old 08-10-2011, 05:22 PM
cslater1218

i have the same issue with my status today i took it to a mechanic and i got the code p0335 which is the crankshaft position sensor... im working on changing it right now hopefully thats the problem and it will be solved

Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Harv

I did finally fix this issue at a Muffler shop. It was caused by a clogged Cadillac converter. The muffler guy said this is a known issue to 2006 Stratus (sales pitch?). After putting in a new converter and parts. The car ran like normal. I think it was caused by a bad O2 sensor causing extra gas to escape in the exhust and eventually clogging the pipe with black soot??? it cost $400 to fix. Change out your O2 sensors, they are cheap and easy to replace. I had 2 on my exhust pipes. they are not the same connectors, they are unique male upper/lower versions.

On your issue where your engine abrutly shuts off, then wont turn on until cooled. That is a crank shaft sensor. It is hell to replace on a 2.7L engine. Just like the water pump, you are better off taking out the entire engine to get to it.

Let me know how it goes! Thanks

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Stratus Will not rev or accelerate some times while driving.