Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

'04 Stratus sedan engine probs

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Stoner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Stratus sedan engine probs

Hi all, new to the forum so please bear with me. I have a '04 stratus se sedan. Got it w/ 21,000 miles on it and currently have 51,000 miles. I love this car but it is killing me with an engine problem. It has the 2.4 4cyl. in it and I have been having a rough idle/driving/stalling problem. When the car is at idle the engine seems to "surge" for lack of a better word. The rpm's will shhot up tp maybe 1500 then right back down to around 500. I can't run the A/C beacuse it causes a stall in the engine. I noticed this problem at maybe 30,000 miles and changed the plugs/filters etc. and it went away. It has come back recently and is getting steadily worse. My check engine light has come on and I ran the diagnostic test on it. The code was P507 "Engine rpm not as expected" or something like that. The engine light just came on yesterday and now when you accelerate the car hesitates and gets sort of "jerky", like it isn't shifting. I am unable to find any sort of trouble code list to help me out and I really don't want to get raped by the dealer by bringing it in. Any suggestions or anyone else notice a similar problem?

Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 PM
phatstrat96
Default RE: '04 Stratus sedan engine probs

Hello... In my 1995 dodge stratus 2.4l i had the same problem. I went to auto zone and got new plug wires and plugs and it solved everything... holla back if it helps

Old 06-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Stoner
Default RE: '04 Stratus sedan engine probs

Cool, will give it a shot. Thanks for the help bro.

Quick Reply: '04 Stratus sedan engine probs