Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2005 Dodge Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Woodie6288
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Stratus

The battery in my 2005 dodge stratus is dead and the only key to the car is inside the car and car is locked. i have my car alarm buttons to unlock the car but with the battery being dead will not work. I also realize that i can gain access to the battery by jacking the car up taking off the wheel and gaining access to the battery from the wheel well where the battery is actually located but i am trying to avoid that. My question is, is there a way to open the hood to gain access to the battery other than the hood lever inside the car?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
ratsttam
Captain

No dice on that man. It's not incredibly hard to get to the battery. Be glad the battery is accessible this way, or your next call would be a lock$mith, or AAA if ya have it.
Once you do get back in there, I recommend making a "door key" that can be used to open the doors up (this works even if you have the transceiver key, the door key just won't start the car). I'm kind of curious why your key is separated from your remote. Having them together pretty much guarantees that the key is never locked in the car, since you need the key (and remote) to do the locking.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
scotts99snake

Can't you take your vin to the dealer with proof of ownership (title/registration) and have another key cut? It wouldn't even need to be programmed to start the car.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Stratus