Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Spark Plug Spacer 98 Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 PM
BEKM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plug Spacer 98 Stratus

On my 98 stratus I was changing out the spark plugs and wires today and asked the Autozone guy if I needed the little spacer that came with the spark plug or not and he said the the one I take out has it then put it on. I know that I am the one who put the last plugs in and I am sure I just put them on because they were in the box but this time I wanted to ask the pros to see what their option was. ALSO I HAVE GAPPED THEM AT .050 is that good or is there something out there saying another gap it better?

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the sealing washer that it must have? Go to a better quality auto parts store. Or even just go to WalMart and pick the right plugs yourself.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:42 AM
BEKM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer is a better word for it

yes I was referring to the little washer that goes on over the threads. Is that to space it out. I looked on the autolite box they came in and nothing was said about them.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:16 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any spark plug that I ever used with gasket metal washer always came with them. You shouldn't use autolite plugs in a Dodge. I've read a lot of cases where Autolites cause low rpm miss sound. According to Autolite web site, the 4cyl plugs are --- 3924 (--- refers to some letter code for different electrode media) For V-6 the part is --- 3923) also gasket seat. Their catalog tells me that the plugs come with the seat washer gaskets. Take them back and get Champions. That's what these engines are designed to use.

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Spacer 98 Stratus