Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

hey guys a new member need some guidance and help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:54 AM
2005specialsxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys a new member need some guidance and help

Ok after many registered tries on different message boards and been getting griped at becuase I aparentley dont know my car. I have 2005 dodge stratus special edition 2 door 2.4 ltr sohc my question is im looking to do a engine swap was wanting to go with a srt4 stage 3 but aparentley I have a mistubishi option as well as far as cost reliability and power performance wht would everyones suggestion be i have no idea about mitsu but a little knowledge of srt4 anyone know of any modded 2.4 ltr?? thanks in advance guys!!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 05:56 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mitsubishi made your car. Its a 4G64 SOHC 2.4l engine. The SRT4 has a 2.4l DOHC engine. Two completely different cars. Luckily, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution has a 4G63, which is 2.0l DOHC. Anything from or for a 4G63 will fit, including all turbo parts. You can take the DOHC head and swap it out with your SOHC fairly easily, and have essentially a 2.4l Evo engine if built correctly.

Putting an SRT4 motor in your car is like putting a Hemi in a Mustang. It can be done, but is going to be a lot of work.

Quick Reply: hey guys a new member need some guidance and help